Wednesday, March 9, 2016

LIFE IS LIKE A HIGHWAY...

Life Is Like a Highway...
I woke this morning wondering what I was to write about and shortly after this song title 'Life Is A Highway' drifted into my mind.  I didn't give it much serious thought until things began to NOT go "my way"! The lyrics came back to me as if they were waiting for me to return and pay attention.  My computer disconnected with me again this morning and I too felt disconnected so I tried to apply the quote by Helen Keller from yesterday's lesson "Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content." in the situation.  Easier read than done, but therein lies the CHALLENGE.

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the Soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved." Helen Keller

Today was challenging, dark and silent... all I could do was to be still (as best I could), wait & accept (as patiently as possible) and trust (with all my might).  The road we travel will bend, it will be straight and it will also rise & fall.  Sometimes I don't want to "ride it all night long"... but we must keep going.

"Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today

Life is a highway
I want to ride it all night long..."  Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway


Richelle D. Jones...  Life Coach for 'Leading Edge Thought'


No comments:

Post a Comment