Wednesday, February 17, 2016

WE ALL HAVE DEFECTS...

We All Have Defects...
One of  "MY DEFECTS" is my inability to TRUST GOD, myself or others. At times, I  pretend to trust, and "I always sleep with one eye open".  The hesitation, the anxiety, the second guessing keeps me in turmoil.  But as I CONFESS my sins, I confront the demons that keep me imprisoned within myself. They have no other choice but to leave, they have been exposed, I do not BELIEVE their lies anymore, and I am FREE.  I am still by no means home FREE yet, but I am on my way!
  
True CONFESSION is GOOD for one's Soul, who do you think you're fooling anyway?  Some defects are visible, MOST are invisible and less obvious to detect, so one can fool themselves into believing they do not have any... and, therefore, go on their merry way remaining imprisoned by an invisible force of their own making. 

I would like to share with you dear reader one of my bi-weekly email inspirations, and trust you too will find in it a way of escape for yourself: "An opportunity to Pause and Remember Your Real Nature. Brought to you by The School of Practical Philosophy"... 
                                       
THE DRUNKEN DISCIPLE
"A Zen master had hundreds of disciples. They all prayed at the right time, except one, who was often drunk.

The master was growing old. Some of the more virtuous pupils began to wonder who would be the new leader of the group, the one who would receive the important secrets of the Tradition.

On the eve of his death, however, the master called the drunkard disciple to his room and revealed the hidden secrets of the Tradition to him.

A veritable revolt broke out among the others. "How shameful!" they cried in the streets, "We have sacrificed ourselves for the wrong master, one who can't see our qualities."

Hearing the commotion outside, the dying master remarked, "I had to pass on these secrets to a man that I knew well. All my pupils are very virtuous and showed only their best qualities, not any defects. That is dangerous, for virtue often serves to hide vanity, pride and intolerance. That is why I chose the only disciple whom I know really well since I can see his defect: drunkenness."
Author Unknown

"... virtue often serves to hide vanity, pride and intolerance."  I must confess for myself, I know this to be true, and I thought my "virtues made me virtuous"!

Polonius: "This above all: to thine own self-be true,  And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man."  Shakespeare

Richelle D. Jones...  Life Coach for 'Leading Edge Thought'




No comments:

Post a Comment