Saturday, February 13, 2016

FINDING YOUR NECESSITY IN LIFE...

Finding Your Necessity in Life...
NECESSITY  PHILOSOPHY
the principle according to which something must be so, by virtue either of logic or of natural law.
  • a condition that cannot be otherwise, or a statement asserting this.

I began watching a film titled *'Manhattan Romances' last night, but it was my bedtime so here I am now resuming it. *"...a funny insightful look at contemporary life in Manhattan. It explores new age ideas and open relationship as well as true friendship and connection. "There is a line from the film between two friends that gave me the idea for my writing today: "...like Rilke says "You build your life in accordance with that necessity."  He then asks "What is your necessity?" and goes on to state his own: "Do nothing, I wake up in the morning and LET THE DAY UNFOLD"

The idea of "LIFE unfolding" revealed itself to me not long ago, and I totally embrace the truth in it, instead of the belief we make it up when we awaken to the day with our plans and our "to do lists".  It takes a certain amount of courage, tenacity against whatever may appear to undo your resolve to "let the day unfold".  But the surprises that appear far outweigh any fear of facing the unknown which can be at the same time scary and exciting.  Make it your NECESSITY to CHOOSE facing the unknown to be exciting, let LIFE literally UNFOLD before you, and be SURPRISED!  

WHAT IS YOUR NECESSITY?  "...if you meet this solemn question with a strong, simple “I must,” then build your life in accordance with this necessity; your whole life, even into its humblest and most indifferent hour, must become a sign and witness to this impulse..."  Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments:

Post a Comment