Tuesday, February 2, 2016

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME...

Modern Day Dorothy...Dusty in New York City
Like Dorothy in the ''Wizard of Oz', with "the magic ruby slippers", on her journey to see the Great Oz keeps repeating "there's no place like home"; I too on my journey, sans the magic ruby slippers, am inclined to agree with her as I keep repeating to myself  "there is no place like home"! Unlike Dorothy however, I have no place with an address somewhere I can call home, and on a human level I feel the emotion of sadness because of this.  I appear to be a woman "without a home or a country".

I began this journey glibly thinking, and saying in conversation whenever someone asked me about my travels, "I was travelling to find the next place for me to live".  At that time I did BELIEVE that to be the purpose of my travels, and that somehow magically I would end up at my destination somewhere I could call home. BUT along the way, I don't even remember where, when, or how, the journey took a turn... INWARD.  I became disoriented, and lost in my mind again, as I have been here before. Somehow, this time I was not afraid, it was more like a feeling of just being out of my comfort zone, NO ZONE!  My experiences began to engender TRUST in this new direction in a foreign land, alone.  A 3 weeks long work exchange at Tharpaland Buddhist Retreat Center in Oberkramer, Germany seems to be the point at which I noticed "something" was happening...within.  Perhaps I was now becoming aware of operating in a different "zone"

My "home" I realize is within my "mind", BUT HOW DO I LIVE THERE?!! I SCREAMED...

After a few moments in the silence of my mind this question was answered, "I" DO LIVE HERE! That was it, no explanation, nothing more than silence.  For now, like Dorothy, I will just keep repeating to myself "there truly is no place like home", and TRUST that place or zone will be revealed, and lead me to it.

Richelle D. Jones...  Life Coach for 'Leading Edge Thought'
  

No comments:

Post a Comment