Friday, February 19, 2016

AWAKENED BY PAIN... FOLLOWED BY BEAUTY!

Pain... Followed By BEAUTY!
Last night, as I was about to go to bed pain in my lower back down my backside and legs, began to "appear" causing not only discomfort but concern for an early morning wake up to volunteer at a Refugee camp here in Berlin.  There also are no clocks where I am staying, and I do not wear a watch, so my concern was waking up early enough to make it on time to meet my friend D at 8:00 am for 2 hours of volunteering.
  
The pain had increased during the night waking me up at 6:46 am!  I was alarmed at the pain as I attempted to meditate it away, which only seemed to incense the pain.  I rose after 30 minutes, determined to meet D, and volunteer, which I did and at some point upon the completion of the 2 hours... the pain disappeared!

As I strolled home to get ready for the afternoon at  the 66th Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin, the Berlinale which is the second largest film festival in the world, I came upon this BEAUTY with her father, I was once more reminded to VIEW EVERYTHING AS GOOD... even the "pain acting as my wake up call this morning", and "Just keep going..."!

"Let everything happen to you, Beauty and terror, Just keep going... No feeling is final" 
       -- R. M. Rilke



No comments:

Post a Comment