Saturday, April 30, 2016

DIRECT YOUR CHILDREN...

Direct Your Children...
Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. - Proverbs 22:6 

PROVERB is an action ACTION word.  Pro "a meaning of advancing or projecting forward or outward" Verb "is a word that expresses action or a state of being".

DIRECT your children onto the right path, that is RIGHT for them beginning with a good foundation of VIRTUES "the good result that comes from something".  Something, for instance showing by example and inviting your child to JOIN you in VOLUNTEERING "Volunteering may have positive benefits for the volunteer as well as for the person or community served". - wikipedia

When directing your child with the FOCUS primarily on getting good grades, how you look, what you have, getting a good education and higher education, getting a good job the result then is self-performance. There is NOTHING wrong with these things necessarily, however unfortunately for most later in your life you may find yourself asking the question... "WHAT WAS IT ALL FOR?" Some may rationalize that they are passing something on to their children, but what exactly are they passing on to their children?  "Things including money" would be the answer, and there will be the feeling of a "hollow victory" in the space where your "heart" once was... WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD.

As I travel and have a lot of time to meditate on where I began, where I am NOW and where I am headed I am asking myself this question, observing the answers and vowing to re-imagine myself for a GREATER GOOD.  I am also questioning the parenting I gave my child  when I was "directing him onto the right path", especially NOW in this season of our relationship.  

It is an ongoing process this WONDERFUL bond between parent and child, this guiding and directing, this continued nurturing, supporting, encouraging, instilling VIRTUES and LETTING GO as they proceed on the path ahead of them with the HOPE that "when they are older, they will not leave it!"

Richelle D. Jones...  Life Coach for 'Leading Edge Thought'

www.YouPic.com/photographer/richelled                        

1 comment: