Monday, January 11, 2016

THE ROCKS, PEBBLES and SAND of LIFE...


Bonjour, as I perused my emails this morning I read one from "The School of Practical Philosophy" which moved me so much I decided to share it with you today, as always...BE INSPIRED!

A Philosophy professor stood before her class with some items on the table in front of her. When the class began, she wordlessly picked up a very large, empty jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks the size of her palm.

She asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar, shaking it as she did. The pebbles rolled into the open spaces between the rocks.

Again, she asked the students if the jar was full, and they agreed it was.

The professor picked up a container of sand and poured it into the jar. As she agitated it, sand filled up the remaining open spaces of the jar.

She then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "Yes!"

"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the truly important things: those you love, your health and growth, your contribution to the greater good; these are the things that remain if all else are lost, and your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff."

"If you put the sand or pebbles into the jar first, there is little room for the rocks. The same goes for your life: if you spend all your time and energy on the items with no lasting significance, you will never have room for the things that are most important. Pay attention to what is worthwhile and deliberately set your priorities. First, take care of the rocks; the rest is just pebbles and sand."            Author Unknown

Richelle D. Jones... Life Coach for "Leading Edge Thought"

I have contemplated the idea of Life Coaching since the therapy I received 2 years ago with a Faith based therapist in New York City, after experiencing a vision that had the potential to change my life, and it did!  Because of the immense benefit I received I decided this is what I would really like to be, and do as my life work going forward: helping others.  I am forever GRATEFUL to this therapist, and the therapy sessions...again I THANK YOU!

As a result I have been reading, attending coaching webinars, philosophy classes, and formulating my own thoughts along the line of Life Coaching. I find that the path that works for me is not a cookie cutter method with the goal of making a 6 figure income and fame. Now,  I am not saying I would not like to receive a 6 figure income for the work I do and the service I offer, I just CHOOSE for it not to be the reason or focus of my practice.  What I do believe is that personal life experiences prove to be the most authentic, reliable, and helpful to others who might also be able to identify with them. I believe Life has dealt me this hand, and I am COMMITTED to play it...'til death do we part.

So, I begin my Life Coaching practice right here, and now in my daily writings with the sincere intent that the reader gains some insight that will TRANSFORM the state of mind they are in to a better state of mind.

My OFFER...
Your first 1 hour coaching session is my GIFT to you because, I BELIEVE to GIVE is also to RECEIVE!  If you then CHOOSE to continue coaching with me we will enter into a payment agreement.  Coaching is available online, and in person wherever I am in the world.
I look forward to hearing from you, with each of us benefiting from the work we do together...

Happy New Year "SWEET 16"!!!

xoxo, Richelle❤

No comments:

Post a Comment