Saturday, January 30, 2016

ENJOYING THE OLD WORLD...

Enjoying the Old World...
I usually begin my day with prayer thanking the ALMIGHTY for a good night of rest, and waking me to a new day which I am to let unfold according to the GOOD that is already in the day before me, meditation in order to open myself to receive, and finally asking what am I to write about this day. Waiting PATIENTLY I am then READY for the collection of words that will form thoughts to share with the readers of my BLOG: 'Leading Edge Thought'!  

I believe, sometimes my day is lovingly interrupted to ensure I do not become a slave to the routine that will give way to monotony in the writing process.  FLOW is spontaneous and fresh which sometimes carries with it debris that can still be useful: "one man's trash is another man's treasure"  Not to say that the "interruption" carried with it debris, but you get the idea..it can, and it can still be useful!  It is afterall your "state of mind", isn't it?  Well, my "state of mind"  was somewhat foggy this morning, I felt as if I was sleepwalking.  A neighbor invited me a few days ago to coffee on Saturday morning at around 10:00am, so I began preparing to go at 9:30am, giving myself no time to even begin the writing process.  The prayer and meditation begins much earlier in the morning so I at least got myself primed for the day ahead.  Back to the fog, I was ready for a cup of coffee at about 10:10am when the neighbor rang inviting me next door for espresso, cappuccino, or latte they had it all, and it was good! 

I always wondered what other flats in the building looked like on the inside, and theirs is impressive. A LOVELY husband and wife with 3 of the most adorable children live in the spacious flat that is minimalism in decoration, and quite tidy for having 3 young children!  I have often seen any one or more of them from time to time in the building, at the store, or on the street in the neighborhood so being invited to share coffee with them this morning was a real treasure.  Our time together was stimulating conversation, and insightful learning about other cultures in the "Old World", as the father referred to Europe.  One particular cultural difference I have noticed which is not so prevalent in the USA is that malls, and markets, even major ones are closed on Sunday which is considered by the Trade Unions in Europe, and the Church to be a law and "holiday".  It is a time of rest for the workers, to be with the family, and or to go to Church.  It did take a few Sunday's for me to get use to this new cultural difference, but I must say I have come to ENJOY it in the OLD WORLD!

Richelle D. Jones...  Life Coach for 'Leading Edge Thought' 


No comments:

Post a Comment