Wednesday, January 27, 2016

MEMORIAL REMINDS US TO REMEMBER...

MEMORIAL...RIP
HUMANITY! Yesterday morning I blogged about HUMANITY, and yesterday afternoon I went on a sobering, and INCREDIBLE walking tour of Berlin led by a very knowledgeable, charismatic, and personable tour guide George an American who has been living in Berlin for 8 years leading tours for Sandemans New Europe/Berlin.  HUMANITY...how do I stress the importance of the word, and our individual responsibility to the expression, the very embodiment of what it means to be a HUMANITY.  I learned about the events that happened in Germany specifically Berlin in school growing up  as an American, but being here standing in the midst of the  Memorial in Berlin, hearing about that same history was a life changing experience for me.  I felt in the pit of my gut what it must have felt like to actually be here at that time, I felt the inhumanity to man in those places that we visited, standing on the very ground where it was not an enactment but the actual history of millions of people, OUR PEOPLE... ALL OF HUMANITY.   

This morning when I awaken the image of the MEMORIAL was still on my mind, my experience was one of profound PEACE.  George pointed out to us that there were no markings anywhere on the Memorial. "On an area of about 19.000 square metres, the New York based architect Peter Eisenmann set up 2.711 concrete pillars - so-called steles - of varying heights to create a grid-like structure. The terrain is smooth yet unevenly inclined. Visitors can enter the structure from all four sides and thus the wave-like shape of each side is perceived in a different manner depending on where one is."  Memorial in Berlin  The statement "...perceived in a different manner depending on where one is" is also metaphorical in that each is able to experience and perceive according to whatever "state of mind" they CHOOSE.

For me the Memorial reminded me to FORGIVE the past as what was done cannot be UNDONE. However in the present, which is the GIFT of NOW, right now it can be FORGIVEN... HUMILITY IN HUMANITY.  It has already been FORGIVEN... RIP.

"HATRED DEMANDS WE REMAIN IN THE STATE WE ARE IN: UNFORGIVENESS. THEREFORE, TO FORGIVE ALLOWS US TO MOVE FORWARD... YOUR CHOICE!"

Richelle D. Jones...  Life Coach for 'Leading Edge Thought'


No comments:

Post a Comment