Saturday, January 16, 2016

I'M IN A NEW YORK STATE OF MIND...

A New York or Empire State of Mind
Guten Morgen, I woke up this morning while preparing for the day, asked myself "what am I to write about today?" which is the question I ask each morning for my work.  I like to "prime the pump" (which means to encourage the growth or action of something) by listening to music that inspires me or some binaural beats to stimulate the creative processes one of my favorites is "Extremely Powerful Third Eye Opening Binaural Beat Meditation", I enjoy a cup of tea to warm my body on these cold winter mornings ...mmm a nice Rose tea with a spritz of lemon!  I am ready to receive...

I'm in a "New York state of mind" while sitting in a very nice flat in Berlin!  WHERE you are is only geographical, WHAT "state of mind" you are in is actually WHERE you are while you are where you are!  I seem to keep coming back to this idea of "state of mind", you cannot get away from it because no matter where you go, or try to run away YOU will ALWAYS BE in some "state of mind"!  YOU CAN BE IN WHATEVER "STATE OF MIND" YOU CHOOSE TO BE IN, PERSEVERANCE, DETERMINATION, SINGLE MINDEDNESS, and JUST DO IT...YES YOU CAN!  I amuse myself about the meaning of the statement "a New York state of mind".  I've heard people say it, I've read it, there is even a song penned by Billy Joel "I'm in a New York State of Mind". It just struck noon here in Berlin where I am I can hear the church bells ringing, accompanying Billy as he croons his famous song now playing on my laptop...mmmm what a day this is shaping out to be!  I read the lyrics to get some idea of the meaning of this world renown statement, and it was nice but I kept exploring, and came across a blog post by Fresh NYC: "New Yorker Mentality-What is New York or Empire State of Mind", very insightful, and interesting reading.  The following excerpt from the blog post really resonated with me:

"The difficulties and struggles are in a way what makes the city great. It takes a certain frame of mind and attitude to push through adversity and rise above it. You can’t be a wuss and live here. We have all worked hard to get to where we are, and we don’t mind putting in overtime to reach our dreams. That is what it means to be a New Yorker."

Relocating to NYC from San Francisco in 2010 for my son to attend an Art High School, then either to attend an Art college, or a job in the Arts, establishing myself in the New York City society, securing a nice place to live, and work.  In 2015 on July 25th, 1 month before my son turned 21 years of age...it was my turn! I left my comfort zone aka the USA to travel across the northern border to Toronto, and Montreal Canada, I did a work exchange in Montreal.  After about 2 months I flew to Paris, and did a work exchange in Noisy-sur-Ecole, then travelled on to Berlin, Oberkramer in the north, and Bavaria in the south of Germany.  I did a work exchange in both Oberkramer, and Berlin where I am currently.  So I would say "As a single parent (son's father is deceased) I endured all the difficulties and struggles all this entailed, while maintaining a certain state of mind and attitude to push through the adversity and rise above it"...I DID IT & I AM IN A NEW YORK STATE OF MIND!

Richelle D. Jones... Life Coach for "Leading Edge Thought"

I have contemplated the idea of Life Coaching since the therapy I received 2 years ago with a Faith based therapist in New York City, after experiencing a vision that had the potential to change my life, and it did!  Because of the immense benefit I received I decided this is what I would really like to be, and do as my life work going forward: helping others.  I am forever GRATEFUL to this therapist, and the therapy sessions...again I THANK YOU!

As a result I have been reading, attending coaching webinars, philosophy classes, and formulating my own thoughts along the line of Life Coaching. I find that the path that works for me is not a cookie cutter method with the goal of making a 6 figure income and fame. Now,  I am not saying I would not like to receive a 6 figure income for the work I do and the service I offer, I just CHOOSE for it not to be the reason or focus of my practice.  What I do believe is that personal life experiences prove to be the most authentic, reliable, and helpful to others who might also be able to identify with them. I believe Life has dealt me this hand, and I am COMMITTED to play it...'til death do we part.

So, I begin my Life Coaching practice right here, and now in my daily writings with the sincere intent that the reader gains some insight that will TRANSFORM the state of mind they are in to a better state of mind.

MY OFFER...  
Your first 1 hour coaching session is my GIFT to you because, I BELIEVE to GIVE is also to RECEIVE!  If you then CHOOSE to continue coaching with me we will enter into a payment agreement.  Coaching is available online, and in person wherever I am in the world.
I look forward to meeting you, with each of us benefiting from the work we do together...

Happy New Year "SWEET 16"!!!
xoxo, Richelle❤

NOTE:  ALL images by Richelle D. Jones  Photography Gallery: https://YouPic.com/photographer/richelled
 





No comments:

Post a Comment